We have a practical and cost-effective uniform for all of our pre-school groups (Tottering Toddlers and Pre-school at Woking and Grasshoppers at Molesey). The uniform is a Home from Home branded navy blue t-shirt and sweatshirt and dark trousers/shorts/skirt. We provide uniform for our preschool room under our funding offers (although you may want to purchase additional items for spares).
We think a uniform at pre-school age is useful because:
- They make getting ready for nursery easier
- They prepare children for starting school
- They support The Home From Home School Readiness Programme
- They promote safety
- They boost team spirit
- They are designed to be hard wearing and promote independence
- Uniforms encourage children to express individuality and identity through personality rather than clothing
Younger children and babies
There is no right or wrong way to dress your child for nursery, however, we recommend that pre-school children wear clothes and shoes that they can fasten and unfasten themselves to help promote their independence. Children that are potty training should wear clothing that they can quickly undo, to enable independence and be successful. The youngest children should wear clothes that they can easily move in, enabling them to crawl and pull to standing. We encourage all children to take part in activities and from time to time this can get messy!
All weather gear for all ages
There are very few weather conditions that prevent children from enjoying outdoor play, just inappropriate clothing. To enable children attending our nurseries to take a safe and active part in outdoor play, we request you provide the following for your child:
- suitable clothing for wet days, raincoats/all in ones and wellies;
- suitable clothes for cold days, coats, hats, gloves and scarves;
- suitable clothing for sunny days, sun hats (preferably with a flap to cover the backs of their necks) and suncream.
For all we request spare clothes!!